No firewall or firmware problem (i removed the firewall) since all works
fine when i shutdown my ADSL and put the SDSL as default route on my
Linux box ... (i can't stay with that config since Internet traffic
generated by my company slow down the VPN a lot, it's why i bought
dedicated SDSL line)

Very very strange problem.

I see a thread named "L2TP isn't responding" in this ML which describe
neer the same problem i think.

Btw, i think it's more a super-freeswan problem (bug ?) than l2tp since
things stop at the select()  in network.c : nothing strange here. But
why the select doesn't "return" ...

Any hint ?