Have you tried a TCPdump or looked at netstat
to make sure that the client was trying to
establish a connection on port 1701 ?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Aymeric MUNTZ (PrezZzence)
Sent: 13 July 2004 09:19
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: l2tpd under FreeBSD

Thanks, but I really have nothing working.
Maybe that the message is normal, but I launched my l2tp server like
this:

>#l2tpd -D
>This binary does not support kernel L2TP.
>l2tpd version 0.69 started on test-l2tp PID:82823 Written by Mark
>Spencer, Copyright (C) 1998, Adtran, Inc.
>Forked by Scott Balmos and David Stipp, (C) 2001 Inhereted by Jeff
>McAdams, (C) 2002 FreeBSD version 4.9-STABLE on a i386, addr 0.0.0.0,
>port 1701

Now when I try to connect with an l2tp client, nothing happens.
I tried to use a Linux client as well as a WinXP client. Nothing worked.
I also have no log on the server!!
No firewall is activated, and I can ping the server (perfect
connection).

Do you have any idea?
Maybe that someone have a howto for FreeBSD?

Thanks

Aymeric