On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:18:31 -0300, Pablo Milano
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here is the patch. Any feedback would be appreciated.  Should I send this
> patch to someone else?. Meanwhile I will try to obtain a place to host it.

I think the diff generally looks sound, although I'm not all that
familiar with the l2tpd code.  I didn't see any major problems nor
any security problems.  You do have some FIXME comments
that don't look critical, but hopefully somebody else can review.

I'm not an active l2tpd developer, but there is a sourceforge project
for it.  You can submit and store patches there (look under the
"patches" link).  You do have to be registered at sourceforge
first though before you can upload files.

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/l2tpd

Also you should use Unified diffs (-u) rather than Context (-c)
diffs.  They are very similar, but the -u is usually more
widely acceptable and standard.

However, I don't know if the sourceforge site is being kept up
to date.  It's last published file is for version 0.64, whereas on
the l2tpd.org website it's 0.69, and apparently 0.70 in subversion.
And your diffs look like they are against l2tpd-0.70-pre20031121
(where'd you get that?).

If the sourceforge site is not the correct place or is abandoned,
could someone please let everyone know and update the l2tpd.org
website accordingly.  Thanks.

--
Deron Meranda