Hi all,

when a page fault occurs, does the Instruction Register contain the actual instruction that caused the fault or the previous instruction? In the former case, how can I access it? I need the opcode + the operands (like source/target registers). I already have the memory address that the instruction tried to access.

I'm on ARM A9, so only load/store instructions can cause a page fault.

I know that I could also look at the address where my IP is pointing to and get the instruction from there, but I'm wondering which way would be easier/better.

Cheers,
Josef