On Monday 12. March 2018 18.28.50 Paul Boddie wrote:

> Accompanying my patches for the MIPS Creator CI20 (Ingenic JZ4780), I have
> some patches that get Fiasco.OC booting on the Ben NanoNote (Ingenic
> JZ4720). Currently, I can get a task running that shows some data on the
> screen. More details about the Ben NanoNote can be found here:
>
> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote
>
> (It is a "palmtop" device from around 2010 that was made in fairly limited
> quantities but unfortunately didn't get the attention it deserved that
> might have seen follow-on models, and many more units, being made.)
>
> Unfortunately, the data I display on the screen isn't aligned properly.
> This isn't a fundamental problem since I was happily using the screen to
> emit bit patterns in order to debug the kernel while working to bring it
> up on the hardware.

Following up to this - sorry, my bad habit again! - this was actually caused
by a slip-up when decoding values and showing them on the screen. In fact, the
picture *is* properly aligned.

Now all I have to do is to try and get fb-drv working and then I can run the
spectrum example. But I've updated the patches in the unlikely case that
anyone else is really interested.

http://www.boddie.org.uk/paul/L4Re-Fiasco.OC.html

Paul