Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 19:03:30 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Major Breakthrough in Mumia's case requires Major Action!

OnaMOVE!,
The latest breakthrough in Mumia's case is very encouraging. However,
people must not be tricked into thinking that these judges will do justice
for Mumia on their own. We must work to put pressure on them so that they
have no choice. It is very necessary that people become involved on
whatever level they can. This December 9th marks 24 years since Mumia was
shot and severly beaten by the Philadelphia police and later railroaded to
death row.
Join us on Friday December 9th at the Friends Center at 15th and Cherry
Sts. in Center City Philadelphia. At noon we will begin showing a series of
films on the case of Mumia Abu-Jamal. At 5pm we will have an important
meeting to plan further action to work for Mumia's release. Attending the
meeting will be Fred Hampton Jr., son of assassinated Black Panther
organizer, Philadelphia Attorney Michael Coard, Howard Wilson who has
recently been released from death row, and world renowned activist Amiri
Baraka. The fight to save Mumia's life is at a critical point and your
involvement is necessary! Please
spread the word.
We also strongly encourage you to attend the Human Rights Day event in
NYC which will have a major focus on Mumia's case.
HUMAN RIGHTS DAY
DECEMBER 10 4PM to 7PM
$10 INCLUDING FOOD
Salem United Methodist Church on 129th Street and Adam Clayton Powell
Jr. Blvd.
Join the Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Coalition, NYC alongside legal, political and
cultural activists for an exciting, informative and revolutionary evening
of examining systematic human rights denial. Issues will range from Mumia
and Political Prisoners, to Hurricane Katrina, the war on Iraq, Assata
Shakur, Lynne Stewart, the assassination of Comandante Filiberto Ojeda
Rios, plus much more.
SPEAKERS: PAM AFRICA, INTERNATIONAL CONCERNED FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF
MUMIA ABU-JAMAL; HERMAN FERGUSON, CO-CHAIR NATIONAL JERICHO MOVEMENT; LYNNE
STEWART, TO BE SENTENCED IN DECEMBER BY THE US GOVERNMENT: MASAI EHEHOSI,
FREE IMAM JAMIL ABDULLAH AL-AMIN (RAP BROWN) CAMPAIGN; ESPERANZA MARTELL;
ROSEMARI MEALY; AND OTHERS.
THE WELFARE POETS WILL ALSO BE PERFORMING!
New merchandise and revolutionary gear will be available for purchase
including buttons, shirts, videos, audio and of course Mumia's books written
straight from death-row! As always, information, updates and literature
will be
provided for free!
Endorsers: National Jericho Movement, Patrice Lumumba Coalition, The Justice
Committee, Fred Hampton Jr., International Action Center , Pro-Libertad,
WESPAC, City Council Member Charles Barron, New York Committee to Free the
Cuban
Five, December 12th Movement, Members of the Ossining NAACP, Viola Plummer,
Daughters of Harriet, NEFAC/Open City, Harlem Tenants Council, Vieques
Brigade, and more
"We declare our right on this earth to be a human being, to be respected as
a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on
this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring
into existence by any means necessary ." -Malcolm X
For more information please visit the Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Coalition, NYC's
website at:
www.freemumia.com

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/f4eSOB/lbOLAA/E2hLAA/7gSolB/TM
Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Digest: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Help: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>