[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:  Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 07:34:14 -0700 (PDT)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SCFs] This Week at the Farm

SOUTH CENTRAL FARMERS “Aqui Estamos y No Nos Vamos!”

with the South Central Farmers’ Support Coalition

Schedule for week of May 7-13, 2006

-Farm Status: May 22, 2006 will be the 30 day mark to end the current
contractual agreement between the Trust for Public Land and Ralph Horowitz
giving us the time to raise the funds needed to purchase the farm for the
community.

We're still short on the necessary funds and the eviction is already in place
to be activated should the   contract go void.  On Thursday May 11, 2006 we
will hold a press conference at the Farm at 9:30am to give a status update and
call for support.

We are calling for all endorsing and supporting organizations to be present in
solidarity with the South Central Farmers.  Please contact Fernando at [EMAIL
PROTECTED] (909)605-3136, with your endorsement ASAP so we can add your list to
the outgoing media advisory.

Monday:  -Contact the Los Angeles City Council and ask them to Support the
Farmers during this most crucial time in their struggle.  Visit:
http://www.lacity.org/council.htm to reach them.

Tuesday:   -Contact the Los Angeles City Council and ask them to Support the
Farmers during this most crucial time in their struggle.  Visit:
http://www.lacity.org/council.htm to reach them.

Wednesday:  - Support farmers & speak at L.A. City Council Meeting’s Public
Comments: 9:30 a.m. in the John Ferraro Council Chamber; Los Angeles City Hall,
200 N. Spring Street.
                       - Art Party @ 6:00pm: Come to the Farm to help make and
hang banners.

Thursday:  -Press Conference at the Farm: 9:30 am.   41st ST and Alameda, Los
Angeles.
        -8:30pm: Evening of Music at the Farm
        Ladero Nortena & Los Campesinos del Sur Centro will perform for your
enjoyment.
          **A donation for our fundraising efforts will be accepted at the
entrance

Friday: Support farmers & speak at L.A. City Council Meeting’s Public Comments:
9:30 a.m. in the John Ferraro Council Chamber; Los Angeles City Hall, 200 N.
Spring Street.
-Next Friday, May 19, 2006 we need a big showing of support at the City Council
Meeting for Public Comments.  So please save the day to come out and support
the Farmers as we reach the end of our contract.

Saturday:  The farm will be open for visitors from 10:00am-5:00pm.
                   Guided tours scheduled at 11:00am, 1:00pm and 3:00pm.

Sunday:  -Weekly Farmers Market   8:00am-5:00pm  **donations will be accepted
at the entrance
               -Weekly Support Coalition meeting @ 3:00pm at the Farm

-Want more information on our struggle or how to give a donation to help us
save the Farm?  Visit www.southcentralfarmers.com

-Interested in camping at the farm in solidarity with the farmers? Please
contact the SCF Administration.

-“Gente y Tierra” A fundraising exhibition for the South Central Farmers
remains up at Avenue 50 Studio until May 21, 2006.  The gallery hours are:
Tues-Thurs 10-12 noon, Sat-Sun 10-4 pm and by appointment.

  Avenue 50 Studio:
  131 No. Avenue 50    Los Angeles, CA  90042    (323) 258-1435

  www.avenue50studio.com & [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-The farmers are continuing their 24 hour vigil to protect the farm which
started in July of 2005.  Please donate supplies of water,   flashlights,
batteries, firewood, blankets, tents or anything else we may continue to need.

-You may contact us through our website or contact Fernando (909)605-3136
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you for your continued support.

South Central Farmers

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/7gSolB/TM