TWO MESSAGES:  EMERGENCY DEMONSTRATION, AND SCROLL DOWN FOR A MESSAGE
FROM DANIEL AND THE REST OF THE SOUTH CENTRAL FARMERS SUPPORT COMMITTEE.

As promised: for more pictures, go to:  http://cafeintifada.blogsource.com/

Emma Rosenthal
Cafe Intifada!

Emergency Demonstration! Emergency Demonstration!

March 25th Coalition Initiating Sponsor of Protest for South Central Farmers

Where: Los Angeles Mayor's Mansion - 605 S. Irving Blvd, 8 blocks west
of Western (off Wilshire)

Why: Save the South Central Farm  - Stop a potential Wal-Mart Warehouse

When: Tomorrow - Friday, June 2nd from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM

Contact: (323) 936-7266

The March 25th Coalition which initiated the action that brought one
million into the streets of  Los Angeles on March 25th and the
successful nationwide boycott on May 1st is calling on all who believe
in justice to demand the city act immediately to stop the racist
eviction against the primarily Latino and immigrant farmers located on
the South Central Farm. For the city of Los Angeles to be willing to use
the power of eminent domain almost 14 years ago to attempt to force a
garbage incinerator on the community yet today not lift a finger to save
a farm that provides much needed food, oxygen and green space in South
Central is tantamount to actively supporting environmental racism
against this community.

What will reside on 41st Street and Alameda in Los Angeles? - A farm
serving the needs of children in South Central or a possible Wal-Mart
warehouse preparing for their exploitation?

We must make the mayor hear the united voices of justice in Los Angeles
so that, together, we can decide.

______________________

Friends,
I've been staying at the farm when I can.  There is
much hope there.  Please find a way to help out.
Please don't ever believe that you are powerless to
shape your world, your city, community, or yourself.
All things are possible, and we need to work together,
everyone of us, so we can see miracles.

- Daniel French
http://www.southcentralfarmers.org

Below is a note from the support committee of the S.
Central Farm.......

We still need your support!

Day 9 of the Community Encampment:

As the threat of impending eviction looms, South
Central Farm needs your support to preserve the
nations largest urban farm, which serves as a 14-acre
oasis in the middle of a concrete jungle. This 14-year
old community gem functions as an active farm for more
than 350 families and fills a local community need for
fresh produce, green space and a safe haven in a
poverty-stricken region of Los Angeles.

What you can do:

1) Come to South Central Farm to join in our community
encampment and tree sit.

2) Attend an informational training session at the
farm tomorrow (Thursday) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. to
learn effective strategies to support the farmers. If
you cant attend the whole session, come for as long as
you can!

3) Donate to support the South Central Farmers effort
to buy the land and maintain it as a community farm.

4) Drop off supplies used for camping and food at the
farm.

5) Walk around the farm every morning, from about 5
a.m. to 9 a.m..   Some believe the sheriffs will
attempt an eviction at dawn, which means really early.
 It would be helpful for us all if there were
witnesses who just happended to be walking by, or
doing their morning walk etc... to be there, hopefully
with cameras, just in case something goes down.

6) Candlelight vigil every night at the farm, 7 p.m.
A profound procession in support of the S. Central
Farm.

7) Forward this message to friends and family!

To find out more or make a donation, please go to
http://www.southcentralfarmers.org.

By saving this farm we are establishing a precedent,
which prioritizes central, local food production, safe
open space for children, and the greening of America.

Julia Butterfly Hill, who is tree-sitting in the heart
of the farm, and has been fasting for 16 days,  said
today We have to make our cities more livable so
people stop leaving them in order to live. Until
recently, the concept of sustainability has been
predominantly an option available only for the
wealthy. This project is about making sustainability
available for all.

Join us. Support the South Central Farmers to resist
the destruction of the South Central Farm.

Thank you,

South Central Farmers Support Coalition

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.southcentralfarmers.org
1-888-SCFARM-1
41st St & Alameda, Los Angeles

--

"I must fight with all my strength so that the little positive things that my
health allows me to do might be pointed toward helping the revolution. The only

emma rosenthal is a disabled artist, writer, educator, activist and consultant,
living in southern california.

emma rosenthal
po box 1664
baldwin park, ca 91706
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

emma's web page:
http://home.earthlink.net/~emmarosenthal
emma's blogs:
  In Bed With Frida Kahlo
http://inbedwithfridakahlo.blogsource.com/
  Emma Rosenthal
http://emmarosenthal.blogsource.com/

The writing empowerment project
  http://home.earthlink.net/~theweproject
-educational and organizational consulting and dialogue.
cafe intifada
-art for social justice
  http://home.earthlink.net/~cafeintifada
  http://cafeintifada.blogsource.com/