Dear Lila,

In spite of my criticism of you, I've always believed you mean well and are
doing the best you can from your perspective. But, I was very disappointed to
hear your handling of Tom Hayden today filling in for Maria Armoudian on KPFK
at 4 pm.  I sincerely I hope that you will take the time to listen to that
segment again, carefully, so that you can finally comprehend exactly what Tom
Hayden is doing and why. I gathered from your response to him that you were
quite surprised to hear him take such a weak position "against" the
Baker/Hamilton report.   I can assure you I wasn't.

Obvious to everyone except Hayden, the Iraq report is exactly what Bush needed
while comfortably 'protesting' at no risk. Needless to say, Bush and Cheney
will be very happy toasting each other during their Christmas dinner in the
bunker, while the Democrats (and Hayden) kiss Hamilton's dirty ass just like
they did during Iran Contra. Need I say hello Robert Gates?

You may not have attended, but at the event Hayden spoke at Emannuel
Presbyterian in LA with Madea Benjamin and Ray McGovern at the beginning of the
year (or last year about this time - can't remember now), Hayden was praising
Cindy Sheehan for revitalizing the movement but not taking her lead in calling
for immediate withdrawl. Instead he was attempting in his usual self proscribed
"shuttle diplomat" mode to 'cut a deal' with the unhappy Congressional Repubs
and Dems (such as Conyers, etc.) to submit a plan for US military withdrawl by
Xmas of 2006.  What a political crock that was then, and it is also a crock
now, with the absolutely fraudulent Baker/Hamilton report recommending no
withdrawl until a little bit in 2008.

At the church event I confronted Hayden with about 20 people around me,
accusing him of disregarding the very reason Sheehan IS taken seriously, while
he praised her revitalization of the movement. That being, Cindy at least
speaks the truth and will not compromise. Willingness to compromise is the
least of Hayden's flaws althoug he is very good at it. He has a 'hidden' agenda
yet for some reason, it appears, you're still not cognizant of what that is, or
are you?
Do I really have to spell it out?  I suggest instead that you listen carefully
to what Tom said on your own show.

I seriously hope you edit out the Hayden segment for Monday's program and
instead interview Sheehan by phone long distance from where ever it is Hayden's
political bedfellows have tucked her away. Hayden has shown his true colors on
your program. For that, it was completely worthwhile.

Jonathan Markowitz
KPFK Listener-Sponsor

Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Digest: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>