<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5jOVLmTM9baJAJbFyBEo0JB
SRpYY1xFk> 


  <http://www.cindyforcongress.org/img/original/Email_left.jpg> 

First of all, I would like to announce that Nancy Pelosi NEVER agreed to
debate me and her other two opponents. Last week, on KQED, she said that she
would "never hesitate" to debate anyone, but HER OFFICE WOULD NEVER EVEN
ANSWER US! She has NEVER debated anyone. Pelosi knows that she has an
indefensibly deplorable record and that I would show her for the hypocrite
that she is. It's one thing to say that she is against the occupation of
Iraq and then continue to fund it. It's one thing to tell the Wall Street
banksters that the "party is over" but then give them 700 billion dollars to
continue whooping it up on taxpayer's money. It's one thing to say that she
represents San Francisco values but then does not impeach the most
criminally corrupt President in history against the wishes of her district.
Pelosi should have had the courage and respect for her constituents and the
democratic process to answer why she gave Bush and the telecom companies
immunity from spying on us without warrants and why she allowed the war
criminals to continue their policy of torture. Pelosi knew that debating me
would be a disaster for her, so although she's been in the district for many
days now doing interviews and fund raisers her time was "compressed" and she
didn't have time to face her opponents and the voters of California's 8th
district.

Last night, Cindy for Congress had one final volunteer meeting before the
polls open at 7 AM today. A young Latino gentleman, whom I have never met
before, came into HQ and told me that he waited in line at City Hall (for 4
hours, that's another entire conversation) to early vote and he talked to 40
people who all voted for me. Not one person he talked to voted for Pelosi. I
got this email from a voter named Matthew this morning: 

I have voted early and voted democrat for all seats but sf's 8th district.
I VOTED FOR YOU.
I worry how Ms. Pelosi can be outed (sic) since I can't find one person who
voted for her.

Our volunteers who were out doing visibility and canvassing today reported
overwhelmingly positive experiences and I have had the same sort of
experiences myself lately as I have been out campaigning. It seems like
there has been such a shift in this city since we qualified for the ballot
in early August. 

In talking to our staff and volunteers tonight and reflecting on the past 15
months of campaigning, I realized that I had many false assumptions about
how the campaign would run and am gratified at how great things did turn
out!

When we first came here in August of 2007, we had a dinner for some of our
friends and activists here in town. I believed that my campaign would get a
lot of support from the anti-war movement, but even though many of the
groups/leaders have endorsed Obama (who is not a "peace candidate" by any
stretch of the imagination), they claimed that they couldn't endorse or help
me because of "non-profit" status. Consequently, the natural base that we
believed that we would have did not materialize and we had to seek support
elsewhere to build our campaign.

Secondly, back in August 2007, no one had any idea who would be the nominees
for President. I knew, however, (based on history) that the Presidential
race would not focus on important issues, and I have been proven to be
correct. We have had a 24/7 dosage of candidate associations; flag lapel
pins; who loves Jesus or America more and how much is spent on clothes or
how many houses each candidate owns.

I believed that the race in California's 8th district would be the perfect
chance to put important issues into the national dialogue since I was
running against the Speaker of the House and I did already have name
recognition and had been in the media previously. I never anticipated the
near total black out of news about the campaign from establishment/corporate
media! Even most of my so-called progressive media friends shut me out. Only
KPFA and Green 960 gave me a platform with token appearances on other
sources. The SF Chronicle only covered the campaign when it would have been
patently obvious that they were ignoring Cindy for Congress. We have brought
up serious solutions to the profound problems this district and nation face
and the black out of our campaign is disgraceful and so transparent. Nancy
Pelosi has done several interviews here in the district in the past week and
I want to know how that can be fair when she has a fierce competitor who has
spent hundreds of thousands of dollars here in the district campaigning
against her? I am actually the only person running for Congress here who is
actually campaigning and the media has shamefully continued their fantasy of
one-party rule here in San Francisco.

Despite the challenges, I am so proud of this campaign. We have raised a
decent amount of money without party backing and having to build our base
from scratch. We have placed thousands of signs and tens of thousands of
pieces of literature all over the district. Hundreds of people have made
thousands of phone calls for us and we made history by even getting on the
ballot!

The thing I am most proud of, though, is that CFC never sold out our vision
or our principles for money or votes. We were told by early "consultants"
that I should change my message (ie: not talk about peace or impeachment or
the toxic problems of Bay View) and change the way I dress, talk, and write.
Our "consultant" actually came to me with an offer for tens of thousands of
dollars from Tom Delay's (dirty, former House Majority Leader from Texas
that was forced to resign from Congress in disgrace) PAC! As you can
imagine, that "consultant" did not last long!

Cindy for Congress has won victories every day that our office stayed open
despite the attacks and the marginalization of our campaign. We ran a
courageous campaign and hung in there with our platform and vision even when
the days were darkest and we couldn't pay our rent. We never gave up and we
never once doubted that what we are doing is the absolute right and
honorable thing to do.

Win or lose today, I am winning or losing with my integrity and our vision
intact. We have been supported by so many of you that it will continue to
grow and blossom and Nov. 4th is only the beginning of a movement that just
also happened to be a political campaign.

Thank you so much for your incredible support. I am honored by your
confidence and your commitment to hope that comes from true change. 

Stay tuned for breaking news from the campaign throughout the day!

On our way to VICTORY!

Love & Peace

Cindy

Watch this great video/song called
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=p4rvhfywu73U1%2FTysvyz9
mjxEcjBFTyk> "Hey, Hey Nancy"

 
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=NzamOYAKIzZKefqsmMwrj5B
SRpYY1xFk> One more chance to donate!



 
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4Ru4puB%2BEVbqbQzj%2FbN
UxpBSRpYY1xFk> click here to unsubscribe

 


 
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=m6OCwnCNfvVq8vJqoqJbD5B
SRpYY1xFk> 

  <http://www.democracyinaction.com/dia/TrackImage?key=206821249> 




-- 
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking
at the root---
Henry David Thoreau

www.CindyforCongress.org



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAAMN: Los Angeles Alternative Media Network
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unsubscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Digest: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archive1: <http://www.egroups.com/messages/laamn>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archive2: <http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laamn/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laamn/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to