PLEASE FORGIVE ANY REPOSTS!!!

*///<>///<>\\\<>///<>\\\<>///<>\\\*

November 20, 2008

2:00 pm Pacific / 5:00 pm Eastern

90.7 FM in Los Angeles

98.7 FM in Santa Barbara

Worldwide @ kpfk.org

We'll speak with actress Juanita Jennings who is currently starring in the
late August Wilson's "Gem of the Ocean," now playing at the Fountain Theatre
in Hollywood.  Jennings is an accomplished artist with 22 years on the
grind!

We'll also talk to Adetoro Makinde, one of the producers for the upcoming
film " A Good Day to Be Black and Sexy." She's also the creator of Backdoor
Films whose productions have screened at over 50 venues including the
Sundance Film Festival, SXSW, AFI Fest, LA Film Festival, and The Sundance
Channel.

And, as we approach the "holiday season" at full throttle, we'll get
ourselves centered with some inspirational words from Iyanla Van Zant.

All that and more with host Thandisizwe Chimurenga, today on *Some of Us Are
Brave!*

2:00 pm Pacific / 5:00 pm Eastern

90.7 FM in Los Angeles

98.7 FM in Santa Barbara
Worldwide @ kpfk.org

*///<>///<>\\\<>///<>\\\<>///<>\\\

*

PROPOSITION 8 AND THE BLACK VOTE –

Pollsters, Pundits and the Press are all echoing the same line - "70% of
African-Americans voted to ban Same Sex Marriage in California."

Allegations of verbal abuse have been made by Blacks attending No on 8
rallies and by Black folks just caught in the way of No on 8 rallies;

One writer says that "envelopes with white, powdery substances" have been
mailed to churches in South Los Angles.

Some of Us Are Brave (a Black women's radio program) that airs Thursdays on
KPFK 90.7 FM in Los Angeles (Pacifica) will host a Community Meeting and
Speakout on Proposition 8 and the Black Vote, on November 22, 4 – 6:00 pm,
at the Community Coalition, 8101 S. Vermont Avenue.

Panelists include Cleo Manago, founder and CEO of The Amassi Center, writer
and commentator Sikivu Hutchinson, Anne-Marie Williams of the Jordan-Ruston
Coalition and others.  The meeting will be recorded for broadcast and the
community is encouraged to participate.

Moderated by Thandisizwe Chimurenga

Info:  213-321-0575 or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

*

--
www.lawattstimes.com (look for the relaunch on December 5!h)

Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>