http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/

 Security Theater, Quantico
Version<http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/security-theater-quantico-version/>

Posted by *Phoenix Woman* <http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/> on January
24, 2011

*Here’s what the MPs at Quantico
do*<http://fdlaction.firedoglake.com/2011/01/23/goal-of-quantico-incident-was-to-abuse-bradley-manning-and-intimidating-david-house/#comment-137947>when
they’ve been told by their brass — who are watching them like hawks —
to detain visitors just long enough to keep them from seeing someone before
visiting hours end:

Jane Hamsher January 23rd, 2011 at 8:16 pm 182

*<http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/#comment-137936>
(hide text)

Was there ever an answer to that question? And who made the decision?

 No there was never an answer. Every time we asked to leave, they wanted
something else.

Can we leave?

We need your registration again, Ma’am.

Again?

Yes, Ma’am. Please step over here while we look at it.

(20 min)

Mr. House, we need your Social Security number again.

Why are we being detained here?

We need your Social Security number again, sir.

That went on and on.

   - Share this:
   -
   -
Digg<http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/security-theater-quantico-version/?share=digg&nb=1>
   -
Facebook<http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/security-theater-quantico-version/?share=facebook&nb=1>

Posted in
*Uncategorized*<http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/category/uncategorized/>|
Tagged:
*bradley manning* <http://en.wordpress.com/tag/bradley-manning/>, *david
house* <http://en.wordpress.com/tag/david-house/>,
*fdl*<http://en.wordpress.com/tag/fdl/>,
*jane hamsher* <http://en.wordpress.com/tag/jane-hamsher/>,
*quantico*<http://en.wordpress.com/tag/quantico/>,
*Wikileaks* <http://en.wordpress.com/tag/wikileaks/> | *Leave a
Comment
»*<http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/security-theater-quantico-version/#respond>
 MPs: We Were Told To Do This (Or: ‘Expired Tabs’ My
Ass)<http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/mps-we-were-told-to-do-this-or-expired-tabs-my-ass/>

Posted by *Phoenix Woman* <http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/> on January
23, 2011

As *John Chandley noted in a
Tweet*<http://twitter.com/#!/JohnChandley/status/29357091437154304>earlier
this evening,
*the AP story on the detention of David House and Jane Hamsher at
Quantico*<http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011/01/23/us/AP-US-WikiLeaks-Army-Private.html?hp>,
which prevented David House from seeing Bradley Manning for yet another
week, leaves out a key fact — namely, that the MPs told House and Hamsher
that they had been ordered to detain them. *As Jane Hamsher tells
it*<http://fdlaction.firedoglake.com/2011/01/23/goal-of-quantico-incident-was-to-abuse-bradley-manning-and-intimidating-david-house/>
:

I am very happy that I went, and could be there to support David, because
one of the first things the MPs said to us when we arrived — long before
they asked for driver’s license, social security numbers, registration,
phone numbers, quizzed us about the addresses on our licenses, etc, etc, was
that *they had orders to do all of this.* Which means *they were planning to
detain us long before we got there*. They were going to use any excuse to
keep David from visiting Manning, and try to intimidate him from coming
back.

In other words, the “expired tabs” excuse that the Quantico spokesman fed to
the AP is beside the point. The MPs had orders to detain House and Hamsher,
a detention that magically ended almost exactly when visiting hours did,
keeping House from checking up on Manning and his deteriorating mental
condition.

Oh, and by the way: I’m not going to post it online because it’s private
information, but while Jane’s tabs were indeed a month out of date, she was
able to provide proof of insurance, which I have seen.

   - Share this:
   - Posted in *abuse of
power*<http://en.wordpress.com/tag/abuse-of-power/>| Tagged:
*detention*<http://en.wordpress.com/tag/detention/>,
   *fdl* <http://en.wordpress.com/tag/fdl/>, *jane
hamsher*<http://en.wordpress.com/tag/jane-hamsher/>,
   *quantico* <http://en.wordpress.com/tag/quantico/>, *solitary confinement
   * <http://en.wordpress.com/tag/solitary-confinement/>,
*Wikileaks*<http://en.wordpress.com/tag/wikileaks/>|
   *1 Comment
»*<http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/mps-we-were-told-to-do-this-or-expired-tabs-my-ass/#comments>

 The Slow Mental Torture of Bradley
Manning<http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/the-slow-mental-torture-of-bradley-manning/>

Posted by *Phoenix Woman* <http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/> on January
23, 2011

Quantico brass have apparently decided *they’re going to harrass and deny
visitation
rights*<http://fdlaction.firedoglake.com/2011/01/23/statement-of-events-bradley-mannings-primary-visitor-detained-at-quantico/>to
the only person who they haven’t scared away from visiting Bradley
Manning in solitary confinement:

[image: Bradley Manning]At roughly 1:00 pm, upon driving onto the base at
Quantico, David House and blogger Jane Hamsher were detained by military
guards. House, who is on the Quantico Brig’s visitation list, has been
visiting Bradley Manning in confinement since last September.

In December 2010, House came forward with testimony that he witnessed a
deterioration in Manning’s physical and mental state due to the conditions
of solitary confinement. House traveled to the Quantico brig to check up on
Bradley’s well-being after a week in which Manning’s lawyer filed an Article
138 complaint over Manning’s mistreatment at Quantico. House and Hamsher
also planned to *deliver a 42,000 signature strong
petition*<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/s/bradleymanning?source=fdl>calling
for an end to the inhumane conditions that Manning is being held.
Upon arriving at the main entrance at Quantico, House and Hamsher were
stopped and detained by military police who provided no explanation of
detainment aside from a statement from one MP that his orders to detain had
“come from the top.”

Manning is incarcerated because of the word of Adrian Lamo. It’s obvious to
everyone who’s looked closely at *Lamo’s evidence and
action*<http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2010/12/31/lamos-two-laptops/>s
that he is a grossly unreliable witness who cannot be put on the witness
stand; therefore, the DOD’s game plan seems to be to break Bradley Manning
in the hope that he’ll tell them what they want to hear. However, breaking
people in this fashion doesn’t provide truthful testimony, or even coherent
lies. Instead, it just wrecks them in such a way that they can’t be put back
together again.

   - Share this:
   -

Posted in *abuse of power* <http://en.wordpress.com/tag/abuse-of-power/>, *