----- Original Message -----
From: John A Imani
To: r...@lists.riseup.net ; rac-la_support...@yahoogroups.com ;
anarchistmarxisteconom...@lists.riseup.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:36 AM
Subject: Presentation At Anarchist Bookfair: The Economic Workings of a New
Society

(Comrades, the discussion will begin at 12:00 on Saturday.  Below are outline
and notes:)

The Economic Workings of a New Society

The session would consist of a no more than 10-15 minute overview of the below
necessary workings of all societies to be followed by discussions and questions
regarding the economic workings of this capitalist society, and how the new
society—that we all want and need—might solve the problems left with us as a
consequence of the demise of capitalism.  And how we might chart new ways, new
thinkings, new manners of relationships amongst ourselves.  As example, the
circuits of RAC-LA’s production will be offered as the transitional model that
it is.

Planning, Working, Living and Recreating Our New Lives

1st Circuit

Planning and Allocation of the Factors of Production

/                                                       \

           4th Circuit
                                              2nd Circuit

         Consumption
                                           Production

                    |                                  \
                              /

3rd Circuit

    |                                            Distribution of the products

                    A.  Productive (Social) Consumption-wherein the material
factors of the next production cycle are stored

                    B.  Final User (Individual) Consumption-wherein society’s
members reproduce and improve themselves

Circuit 1-social decision-making as to what is to be produced and how

Circuit 2-where the products are made and/or improved through worker freedom

Circuit 3-where in the output is allocated to society’s members according to
its principles.

Circuit 4A-wherein capital goods are stored awaiting the decisions made in
Circuit 1’ (with the ‘ mark indicating that this is a new Circuit 1; and,

Circuit 4B-where the goods allocated to the members are consumed thus replacing
the energy and efforts expended in the other circuits, as well as providing
additional benefits above that necessary for replacement.

How are these things                 How could they be differently?  How does
RAC-LA

done under capitalism?
    do these things?

            1.                                 1.
                          1.

            2.                                 2.
                          2.

            3.                                 3.
                          3.

            4A.                              4A.
                      4A.

            4B.                              4B.
                      4B.

It is hoped that committees would result from this conference formed so as to
more deeply explore the separate problems identified and necessary to be
solved; and fashion ideas for changes in the ways and manners that things are
done; and be able to present these ideas in manners—and develop working
models—which contribute to promoting a local- all the way to
world-wide-dialogue on these problems in which all can be heard.

johnaim...@earthlink.net

RAC-LA