EASTSIDE L.A. NETSQUARED (http://bit.ly/lMqx8A) invites you to attend

"Creating Effective Social Media Campaigns: How DREAM Students Built a Movement"

Wednesday, June 29, 2011
6:30pm - 8:30pm

Location: Asian Pacific American Legal Center, 1145 Wilshire Blvd, Los
Angeles, CA

Facebook listing: http://on.fb.me/iOxQCk

Dream Activists all over the nation have always taken their fight to
the streets, but through strategy-driven campaigns that maximize the
power of current social media trends, they have halted deportations,
passed laws and garnered the nation's attention all the way to the
White House. Come and hear first hand from the activist organizing and
leading these campaigns here in the LA area. There will also be
presentations and a discussion with activist who have taken to social
media in redefining what it means to be undocumented in the U.S. and
the changing experience for those who have known no other place other
than the U.S.

SPEAKERS (list in formation):

Erick Huerta is a journalism student at East Los Angeles College. He's
a community organizer with Dream Team Los Angeles, a contributing
blogger on LAEastside.com and lataco.com Erick has been writing about
issues facing undocumented resdents and has been chronicling his life
on his personal blog www.justarandomhero.blogspot.com since 2006.

Pedro Joel Espinosa graduated from the University of California, Santa
Cruz in 2009 and I'm a community organizer, media maker, complex human
being and all around DREAMer.

Jesus Iniguez, founded Dreamers Adrift, an online media project by
undocumented youth and for undocumented youth. We're a small
contingent of DREAMers from various backgrounds who come together to
explore and dissect our experiences as undocumented college graduates,
as well as the various intersectionalities of our identities and how
the undocumented experience impacts these other personal identities.