Save the Date!

Saturday, January 28th - 7:00 PM

A Screening & Fundraiser For:

WOMEN At WAR:

Forgotten Female Veterans of Desert Storm

A Feature Documentary Film by Christie Davis & Dennis Davis

www.womenatwarmovie.com

At

Frank & Jane Dorrel's

3967 Shedd Terrace, Culver City 90232

310-838-8131 - fdor...@addictedtowar.com

OPERATION DESERT STORM: 1991

In 1991, 697,000 U.S. soldiers, along with coalition forces from nearly 40
countries, deployed to Saudi Arabia for Operation Desert Storm, determined
to remove Saddam Hussein's invading Iraqi army from the oil-rich nation of
Kuwait.

Nearly 50,000 U.S. female soldiers deployed to the desert battleground of
the Persian Gulf War.  Although technically serving as "combat support,"
these women soon found there was no rear line in the Gulf to protect them
from combat situations.  They loaded their M-16 rifles, drove ammunition
trucks into Iraq, served as MPs and set up war-zone field hospitals, vowing
not to return home to their children in body bags.

Operation Desert Storm was toxic battlefield.  Female soldiers came under
fire in a hot, dusty world of oil well blazes and Scud missile attacks.
They experienced exposures to bio-chemical weapons, oil well fires, anthrax
inoculations and depleted uranium that sent many of them into casualty
hospitals.

Ticker tape parades and cheering crowds celebrated the return of soldiers
from Operation Desert Storm.  But seventeen years later, the war's not over
for many of them.  Female veterans suffer from multiple war-related
illnesses, only to be told "it's all in your head," or "we have nothing for
female veterans with children."

Today these women, disabled, some confined to wheelchairs, struggle to care
for their families and search for answers to their debilitating illnesses.
Nearly half of the soldiers who fought in the Gulf War are now sick and
dying. Their voices cry out for help: Why has our government denied us
proper testing, treatment and compensation? Why have we been abandoned by
the country we laid down our lives to serve?

"Women at War"- Movie Trailer: www.womenatwarmovie.com/trailer.asp

THE FILMMAKERS

http://www.womenatwarmovie.com/Images/Christie-DennisPic.jpg

Dennis Davis & Christie Davis attend the 2005 premiere of their documentary
short "Beyond Babylon" at the Los Angeles Short Film Festival, Arclight
Theatre, Hollywood

Christie Davis is the writer, director and co-producer of "Women at War:
Forgotten Female Veterans of Operation Desert Storm." This documentary won
the 2006 Roy W. Dean Grant awarded to films that are "unique and make a
contribution to society." Other films include the award-winning documentary
short, " <http://www.beyondbabylonthemovie.com> Beyond Babylon," which
examines the true cost of war from 536 BC to the current Iraq War. This film
premiered in 2005 at the Los Angeles Short Film Festival held at the
Arclight Theatre in Hollywood and continues to screen at film festivals
world-wide.

Dennis Davis is a multi-talented cinematographer, editor, musician,
composer, singer-songwriter. He's co-producer, DP, editor and composer for
the documentary feature "Women At War: Forgotten Female Veterans of
Operation Desert Storm." In addition he co-produced shot, edited and
composed the score for the documentary short "Beyond Babylon." Currently,
Dennis is recording a CD of his recent political songs, entitled "
<http://www.myspace.com/dennisjohndavis> Seeking The Truth." His song
"Regret to Inform" plays over the ending credits of Barbara Trent's
documentary short "Soldiers Speak Out." As co-owner of Chris/Den
Productions, he's filmed many award-winning theatrical productions including
Julie Harris in the "Belle of Amherst."