Secret Police & Occupy Crackdown. Where Did Direct Action Anarchsts go?
December 9th, 2011
The Schwartz article is interesting, but I didn't know there were so many
anarchist-pacifists around. In LA pacifists were dominant, to the point of
silencing any thought of resistance or direct action. They were not any
anarchists that I knew from anti-war protests and the Anarchist Book fair. I
realize I have been out of the Anarchist scene for a couple of years, but where
did all the pacifists come from? I don't remember them being a big faction at
the Bastard conferences or in the animal rights or vegan groups. I am sure they
have been around, but where were they? Anyone out there want to explain this to
me?

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/11/28/111128fa_fact_
schwartz

————————————————————————–

Apparently there really is a group of cops orchestrating the crackdown on the
Occupy movement. I wonder if they were the ones who came up with the idea to
raid the LA Occupy site from within city hall.

Here is an excerpt from an article in the San Francisco Bay Guardian

But a little-known but influential private membership based organization has
placed itself at the center of advising and coordinating the crackdown on the
encampments. The Police Executive Research Forum, an international
non-governmental organization with ties to law enforcement and the U.S.
Department of Homeland Security, has been coordinating conference calls with
major metropolitan mayors and police chiefs to advise them on policing matters
and discuss response to the Occupy movement. The group has distributed a
recently published guide on policing political events.

Speaking to Democracy Now! On November 17, PERF Executive Director Chuck Wexler
acknowledged PERF's coordination of a series of conference-call strategy
sessions with big-city police chiefs. These calls were distinct from the widely
reported national conference calls of major metropolitan mayors.

The coordination of political crackdowns on the Occupy movement has been
conducted behind closed doors, with city officials and PERF refusing to say how
many cities participated in the conference calls and the exact nature of the
discussions. Reports of at least a dozen cities and some indication of as many
as 40 accepting PERF advice and/or strategic documents include San Francisco,
Seattle, New York, Portland, Oakland, Atlanta, and Washington DC.

http://www.sfbg.com/politics/2011/11/18/cop-group-coordinating-occupy-crackdowns