Greenpeace

  Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser
Romi, I just wanted to give you an update on our activities in North Carolina.
Just minutes ago, activists greeted employees at Duke headquarters with a
message: We’re not going away until you clean up your act. Duke & its CEO Jim
Rogers keep claiming they support using
renewable energy, and yet they’re spending their time and money by
investing in more dirty coal.

We need to get 50,000 letters to Duke by tonight and we’re almost there.
Send your message to Jim Rogers right now and tell him to dump dirty
coal!
Thanks, Robert

If you can't access this link, go to
https://secure3.convio.net/gpeace/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1023

--------------------

Activists have taken a stand at a coal plant in North Carolina to send a
message: Dirty energy is not the answer.

Help back up these activists by sending the same message yourself to Duke
Energy CEO Jim Rogers right now.

Just moments ago activists took a stand at a coal-fired power plant in North
Carolina.

Duke Energy is looking to acquire the company that owns the plant, Progress
Energy. If the deal goes down, Duke will not only be the largest utility in the
country but also one of the dirtiest. That’s because both companies rely on
destructive practices like mountaintop
removal for getting their coal and neither is making very much progress
toward renewable energy.

These
 activists are there to send a clear message to Duke: Dirty energy is
not the answer. But you don’t have to be at a coal plant to send the
same message yourself.

Help back up the activists and help us reach our goal of 50,000 letters to
Duke CEO Jim Rogers in the next 48 hours by sending the same message
yourself right now.

Companies
 like Duke know they can do better and have invested a lot of money in
convincing the public they are. Jim Rogers himself recently acknowledged
 that his company and other utilities are in a “unique position...to
deploy solutions, to raise the capital and not raise the national debt,
to do it at scale...”

Unfortunately,
 their behavior doesn't match that rhetoric. Duke continues to rely on
dirty old coal plants like the one these activists are at today in North
 Carolina. Polluting the air, destroying mountains, poisoning the water
and killing the climate in the process.

And
 Duke’s planned merger with Progress Energy seems to only be leading
them down more dead ends -- more dangerous nuclear plants, more dirty
biomass, and more coal-fired power plants. In other words, more global warming.

Duke
 can make a different choice if they want to. But that will only happen
if we call them out. That’s why activists have taken a stand today at a
coal plant in North Carolina today to get the message across, and it’s
why you should take a minute to deliver the same message yourself right
now.

Quit Coal,

Robert Gardner
Greenpeace Coal Campaigner

Click here to forward this message.
Greenpeace
702 H Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20001 |
                        1-800-722-6995