Help place Bradley Manning ads in the DC Metro, On the gender issue, Vets for
Peace statement.

Is this email not displaying correctly?
 <http://t.ymlp290.net/emybacaeyyqaraywadaeehb/click.php> View it in your
browser.

 <http://t.ymlp290.net/emyhataeyyqagaywacaeehb/click.php> Bradley Manning
Support Network

Help us place Bradley Manning Ads in the DC Metro!

Earlier this year, the Bradley Manning Support Network unveiled a billboard
calling for the release of Bradley Manning in Washington D.C. so as to display
broad public support and to catch the eye of military decision-makers passing
by.

Now that Manning’s trial is officially moving to court martial after the
accused whistleblower and Nobel Peace Prize nominee approaches 650 days in
prison, we’re launching a new ad campaign in the DC Metro (subway).

Supporters can use their dollars to vote on which design will be used
<http://t.ymlp290.net/emywaoaeyyqaraywaiaeehb/click.php> . Here is the current
ad design with the most votes:

 <http://t.ymlp290.net/emywaoaeyyqaraywaiaeehb/click.php>

Our goal is to fund 21 DC Metro ads in May, ahead of Bradley's upcoming court
martial at nearby Ft. Meade, Maryland. Government employees use the DC Metro
every day -- these ads will grab their attention, letting them know that the
public demands Pfc. Manning's freedom.

In order to achieve this level of publicity, our goal is to raise $14,800 by
April 21st.

Learn more about the ad campaign here, and pledge your support
<http://t.ymlp290.net/emywaoaeyyqaraywaiaeehb/click.php> !

  _____

Feminist, trans advocates should support Bradley Manning

By Rainey Reitman, Bradley Manning Support Network Steering Committee. March 1,
2012. (Originally published in the Washington Blade
<http://t.ymlp290.net/emyqagaeyyqaaaywacaeehb/click.php> )

Some thoughtful feminist scholars have recently called on the Bradley Manning
Support Network to begin referring to the accused WikiLeaks whistle-blower with
a female pronoun. Emily Manuel’s essay in Global Comment highlighted why many
of us who strongly support transgender rights are sensitive to the pronouns we
use when we refer to Manning.

 <http://t.ymlp290.net/emyyakaeyyqalaywavaeehb/click.php> As an ardent
supporter of Bradley Manning and a feminist, I have given this issue a great
deal of thought. Given the unusual and perhaps unprecedented circumstances of
the situation, I wanted to explain why I’m still calling him Bradley. In so
doing, I also hope to demonstrate why folks who care passionately about queer
and transgender rights should come out in support.

First, we should bear in mind the basis upon which some have made suppositions
about Manning’s preferred gender identity. By and large, we are dealing with
evidence that has not been established as fact. We can look at some Google
searches found in forensic evidence, a smattering of late-night private chat
logs, and potential testimony from those in whom Manning may have privately
confided.

If these materials are to be believed, then it appears that Manning was
questioning his gender identity. Manning’s lawyers have noted that he had
sought counseling, but we don’t know if any final decision was ever made. We
don’t know whether Manning wanted “Breanna” to be a primary identity, or if
this was an alter ego that was never meant to be indicative of primary gender
identification. We do know — from our own private conversations with friends
and family members — that prior to his incarceration, Manning had not asked
people to refer to him with a female pronoun.

Read the complete article.
<http://t.ymlp290.net/emyyakaeyyqalaywavaeehb/click.php>

  _____

Veterans For Peace demand Bradley Manning’s freedom

By Veterans For Peace. March 1, 2012.

 <http://t.ymlp290.net/ejssafaeyyqacaywafaeehb/click.php> A national
organization representing thousands of military veterans is calling on the US
Army to abandon court martial proceedings against Private Bradley Manning, the
accused Wikileaks whistleblower. The young soldier, who has been imprisoned for
21 months, will be formally arraigned today (Thursday, Feb. 23) at Fort Meade,
Maryland. Army prosecutors say they will file 22 charges against PFC Manning,
including “aiding the enemy,” a crime that can be punished by the death penalty
or life in prison.

“Where is the justice?” asks Gerry Condon, a Board member of Veterans For
Peace. “The Army is shirking its duty to punish soldiers who have committed
rape and murder. Yet they are trying to destroy the life of Bradley Manning,
who has not harmed a hair on a person's head.”

In May 2010, the Army arrested PFC Manning, then 22, in Iraq, where he was
working as a low level intelligence analyst. He is accused of leaking
classified information, including an Army video that shows US soldiers in
Baghdad shooting down unarmed civilians, including two Reuters employees, from
an Apache helicopter. The video, dubbed “Collateral Murder,” has been viewed
millions of times on YouTube.

Prosecutors have also accused Manning of giving Wikileaks thousands of Army
diaries from its occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan. The Army's own reports
reveal that the killing of civilians was a regular occurrence and that the Army
regularly lied about it... The diaries also show that the Army was lying to the
American people about the progress of the wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Read the complete article.
<http://t.ymlp290.net/ejssafaeyyqacaywafaeehb/click.php>

  _____

 <http://t.ymlp290.net/ejsuavaeyyqaoaywazaeehb/click.php> Donate now to the
Bradley Manning defense fund.

For more information about the defense fund click here.
<http://t.ymlp290.net/ejseaxaeyyqalaywataeehb/click.php>

Thank you for supporting PFC Bradley Manning.

 <http://t.ymlp290.net/ejswapaeyyqaoaywataeehb/click.php> Powered by YMLP.com

  _____

 <http://ymlp290.net/m/> Powered by YMLP

   <http://t.ymlp290.net/feehbxgqjwmambc/footer.gif>

  _____

No infections found in this incoming message
Scanned by iolo System Shield
http://www.iolo.com