"We become slaves the moment we hand the keys to the definition of reality
entirely over to someone else, whether it is a business, an economic
theory, a political party, the White House, Newsworld or CNN." -  B.W.
Powe, Towards A Canada Of Light

"The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to
poison the channels of public information. With a fascist the problem is
never how best to present the truth to the public but how best to use the
news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more
money or more power." -  Henry A. Wallace

"The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their
own understanding of their history."  -  George Orwell

"All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system,
there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless,
that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume."
-  Noam Chomsky