(http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FZ4npfoeKDKA8brogolJuYgZstRbAMzU)

11.08.12
_MAKE  THE CALL, SIGN THE PETITION TO SUPPORT SERGIO - It's a matter of
life or  death! _
(http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7mseHNVje9zUp4l5BDE/1ogZstRbAMzU)

This week,  there were some great victories for workers, immigrants, the
LGBT  community, and more BUT the work for us and for the people we fight for
continues.
One of our leaders of the Dignity at  Darden campaign in Los Angeles has
been in an ICE detention  facility since May of this year. Sergio is a ROC-LA
member, a gay man  living with AIDS, who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
Doctors found a  tumor in his head - but Sergio is not getting the medical
treatment he  needs.

Please take a  minute to sign this petition:
_http://action.dreamactivist.org/california/sergio/_
(http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=UnBxRcZo3dROgVZn6zoD81Y+t7Toq+r4)

Sergio was told  he needs chemotherapy as soon as possible but he is not
getting the  treatment he needs in detention.  His health is  deteriorating
rapidly, and without the proper treatment Sergio could die  soon. Santa  Ana
City Jail has a record of abuses of gay and transgender detainees,  delays in
medical care, and reports of mistreatment. Sergio needs to be  released
immediately!

Please take a  minute to _sign the petition_
(http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9dzmwuUv33q+sLHIOdCbeYgZstRbAMzU)
 , share it with
others, and make a call to ICE!

Call ICE –  John Morton @ 202-732-3000

Sample  Script: “Hi, I am calling to urge ICE to release Sergio Vazquez
Gutierrez (A# 200-243-222) from the Santa Ana City Jail in California.  Sergio
was recently diagnosed with cancer and a tumor in his head. He  needs
immediate surgery to remove the tumor before it's too late. Sergio  must be
released from detention to get the treatment he urgently needs.  Let him go!"

Thank You!
ROC  United

==

National Immigrant Solidarity Network
No Immigrant  Bashing! Support Immigrant Rights!
webpage: _http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org_
(http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/)
e-mail:  _info@ImmigrantSolidarity.org_
(mailto:in...@immigrantsolidarity.org)

New York: (212)330-8172
Los Angeles:  (213)403-0131
Washington D.C.: (202)595-8990
Chicago:  (773)942-2268

* join the immigrant Solidarity  Network daily news litserv, send e-mail
to: isn-subscr...@lists.riseup.net

Please consider  making a donation to the important work of National
Immigrant Solidarity  Network

Send check pay to:
National Immigrant Solidarity  Network/AFGJ

National Immigrant Solidarity Network
P.O. Box  751
South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751
(All donations are tax  deductible)