"No man survives when freedom fails, The best men rot in filthy jails, And
those who cry 'appease, appease' Are hanged by those they tried to
please.": Hiram Mann

Our country is the world, our countrymen are all mankind. We love the land
of our nativity, only as we love all other lands. The interests, rights,
and liberties of American citizens are no more dear to us than are those
of the whole human race. Hence we can allow no appeal to patriotism, to
revenge any national insult or injury:
William Lloyd Garrison, Declaration of Sentiments, Boston Peace
Conference, 1838

"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains." : Jean-Jacques
Rousseau - (1712-1778) Political philosopher, educationist and essayist
-Source: The Social Contract

" No one is guilty. The world is bombed and burned and devastated and
those who do it are perfectly innocent. They are "exponents" or "factors"
or something equally clever, not men, not moral, responsible beings under
God. I wouldn't give a red cent for such talk."
Hermann Hesse
author (1877-1962)