Text me for details where to meet: (213) 712-0370.

Join the Community Service Organization (CSO) and the community: protest
tonight the police checkpoint that targets the Mexican/Chicano community with
car impounds, racial profiling and excessive ticketing. LAPD is again preying
on our undocumented immigrant community. Join us tonight on the corner of Soto
and First Street as we protest this racist attack. We know that due to past
racist attacks many in our community cannot get a drivers license. Also the
current racist attacks by the Secure Communities (SCOM or poli/migra), is a
repressive attack by the ICE/Police that leads to arrests, detentions, and
deportations. The local police LAPD and LA Sheriffs jails under Baca lead to
more deportations of Mexicans and Central Americans than Arizona Sheriff Arpio!
Spread the word!  Come out and help us TONIGHT!

The LAPD is planning to target the Mexican/Chicano community of Boyle Heights
tonight with their racist "DUI Checkpoint" in order to steal the cars of
working-class people.

The LAPD itself admits that the great majority of the cars that they impound at
these checkpoints are NOT from drunk drivers; they are from people who do not
have drivers licenses!

DUI checkpoint on Soto Street & First Street in Boyle Heights.

Community Service Organiztion (CSO), simply want the police to stop impounding
cars from people who are NOT drunk when stopped at these checkpoints! We will
be there to warn people of the checkpoint because they are not being used to
take drunk drivers off the road but are there to impound hundreds of cars from
working class Chicanno people in general and undocumented people in particular!
YA BASTA! This year the Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council passed a motion
calling for an end to the LAPD car imounds in Boyle Heights.

WHAT: Protest the LAPD Checkpoint!
DUI checkpoint on Soto Street & First Street in Boyle Heights.

When: Tonight, August 2, 2013. Starting at 8 p.m.

Where: Soto Street & First Street in Boyle Heights.

Contact, text: Carlos Montes (213) 712-0370

This action is being organized by Community Service Organization (CSO).

Carlos Montes
The time is now!
Legalization for all!
  If you wish to view the call or current endorsers:
http://www.bit.ly/legalizationforall
www.facebook.com/centrocso
www.fightbacknews.org