(http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6cVOUOWfppGJ0A0iSAXih5pyodqlaZHI)
Act Now  to Stop U.S. War with Syria!

Once  again the President is leading a rush into war. He is demanding
Congress  give him speedy authorization to launch attacks, on Syria this time,
 punish and deter chemical weapons use.  Once again, the case for  going to
war is sketchy, and the U.S. government is short-circuiting  United Nations
inspections that might provide answers. We need to make our  voices heard
every way we can – at the offices of our Congress members, in  letters,
emails, petitions, in letters to the editor and in the  streets.
Over  the next week, Congress will be voting on the decision to attack
Syria.  We must use every peaceful, non-violent means available  to stop the
rush to war. It is critical we contact our elected  representatives now before
the momentum for war is  irreversible.
    *   Learn the facts: _click here for a compilation of resources on the
crisis in  Syria_
(http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MgDU6KDzXjsVxGaNo6Z5X5pyodqlaZHI)

    *   Contact your Representative through phone  and email, and visit
their offices if you can. _Find your Representative and their contact
information  here_
(http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=E1a/ACqEIp53uJy+dO0Od5pyodqlaZHI)
, or call the Congressional Switchboard at 202-224-3121.   Let
the UFPJ legislative working group know what results you get  with your
calls and visits; contact the UFPJ legislative working group  conveners at
_rustiandg...@unitedforpeace.rus

_ (mailto:rustiandg...@unitedforpeace.org)  *   _Sign the Petition, Tell
Congress: Don’t Bomb  Syria_
(http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=BiAYvv5z77L/IYve5Fh3vJpyodqlaZHI)

    *   Participate in a local action or plan one of  your own – click
_here_
(http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LiNSTFD6O0ejiAEDCcC1s5pyodqlaZHI)
 for lists of current actions being planned, or _click here_
(http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VJluroIQLWsyWtnnAxFyR5pyodqlaZHI)
register your action on the UFPJ  website.  Organize a peaceful protest,
march, vigil in your local  communities (city hall, federal building, etc)
anytime this week, call  for "NO attacks on Syria!"

    *   _Join the No War with Syria _
(http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=stubWTjDi+i1P89W1Gcv+5pyodqlaZHI)
_Thunderclap_
(http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=w/rpCQrGtLxGovLRc6aTe5pyodqlaZHI)
. Speak in one
powerful voice to  Congress on September  9 as they meet to vote on military
action in  Syria!
The use  of chemical weapons is monstrous, and a violation of international
 law.  UFPJ condemns the use of chemical weapons by any party and  calls
for all countries to cooperate in finding out what happened in  Syria, and in
identifying and prosecuting those responsible for any  chemical weapons use.
However, there is no basis in international law for  the United States to
decide for itself who the guilty parties are, and to  punish them by a
military assault that will kill many innocents along with  those presumed
guilty.
It will also risk a far wider war.  Even  before the first missile has been
launched, the war caucus in Congress has  been pushing President Obama for a
more open-ended military campaign aimed  at toppling the Syrian government.

The  alternative is not “doing nothing.” Instead, the United States should
be  cooperating with the rest of the world through mechanisms provided by
the  United Nations and the Chemical Weapons Convention, to find out what has
 happened and to formulate a truly international response.  This is  not
merely an option, it is a legal requirement.  Under the  circumstances here,
where Syria has not attacked any other country, no  country may decide for
itself to use military force.  The U.S.  government also should exert its
considerable power and influence in other  ways that lessen, rather than
increase the intensity of conflict and the  risk of wider war. The U.S. should
join
with Russia and other powers that  provide support to the warring sides to
press for a cease-fire and  negotiations. All parties should stop the flow
of weapons not only to  Syria but into the region, and should commit to a
Middle East ban on all  nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons.
Those  who advocate going to war against Syria know that their case is
weak, and  that the majority of the American people are against another war of
choice. Most Americans want an end to endless war making that drains
resources from their communities and sends our children across the world  to
kill
the children of others, serving the purposes only of a rich and  powerful
few.  The artificial urgency of those who campaign for war  is a sign of
weakness. They want to commit the country to war before the  American people
have
time to learn the facts and organize ourselves in  opposition.  Congress is
split, with members knowing that another war  is unpopular and risky. Polls
show that Americans reject a military attack  on Syria by a two-to-one
majority. WE CAN MAKE A  DIFFERENCE!

____________________________________

United for Peace &  Justice

(http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wDjY/UVlJTbdnJXpA0ykcJpyodqlaZHI)

_Click Here to  Donate!_
(http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=b+/QSqsYCpZXoFnV7ZhZO5pyodqlaZHI)

==
Peace NO War Network_ http://www.PeaceNOWar.net_
(http://www.peacenowar.net/)
War  is not the answer, for only love can conquer hate
Not in our Name! And  another world is possible!

Information for antiwar movements, news  across the World, please visit:_
http://www.PeaceNoWar.net_ (http://www.peacenowar.net/)
e-mail: _Info@PeaceNoWar.net_ (mailto:pe...@actionla.org)
Tel:  (213)403-0131

Please Join PeaceNoWar Listserv, send e-mail to:
_peacenowar-subscribe@lists.riseup.net_
(mailto:peacenowar-subscr...@lists.riseup.net)

Please Donate to Peace No War Network!

On-line  Donation: