\newcommand{\mypagebabel}{页}
\newcommand{\myfigurebabel}{图形}
\newcommand{\mylangbabel}{chinese}

On 2014-05-25 17:58, Liangent wrote:
I failed to compile your document in it's original form:

(../headers/babel.tex
(/var/lib/texmf/tex/generic/babel/babel.sty
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel-english/english.ldf
(/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.def
! Undefined control sequence.
\initiate@active@char #1->\bbl@ifshorthand
{#1}{\bbl@s@initiate@active@char ...
l.585 \initiate@active@char{~}

and I worked around it by commenting out \usepackage[english]{babel} in ../headers/babel.tex

In my experiment I added:

\usepackage{xeCJK}
\setCJKmainfont{WenQuanYi Zen Hei}

to main.tex after \usepackage{fontspec}, and it improves CJK typesetting a lot.

WenQuanYi Zen Hei is contained in https://packages.debian.org/sid/fonts-wqy-zenhei

-Liangent