Reminder:  These reboots will start in about 5 minutes.

On 6/20/17 11:38 AM, Andrew Bogott wrote:
Good morning!

In order to plug a newly-revealed security hole, we need to upgrade kernels everywhere and reboot everything. I'll be doing this for all instances and VM hosts tomorrow, 2017-06-21, beginning at 14:00UTC (aka 7AM in San Francisco).

Project admins should expect instances to be shut down for 10-15 minutes and then restarted at some point tomorrow. I don't expect the process to take absolutely all day, but it might. If you have an instance that is a special case and you need it to be restarted during a more specific window, please respond to me directly with details about what you need and we'll try to make it happen.

These reboots should have minimal impact on things running in Tools, although it's always good to keep an eye out -- some tools are unable to recover from a shift between nodes and need a manual restart.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

-Andrew