Santiago Gala wrote:

> +1 to the lab, BTW
>
> Some time ago, as in before jakarta existed and I was still using
> windows, between 1996 and 1999, there was a dutch java web site, open
> source, that had a number of very interesting small products, like chat
> applet, etc. One of the products was a syllabic password generator, that
> generated passwords by combining valid word fragments randomly. For some
> languages, for example Spanish, this generated "words" that are easy to
> remember and sound well. While the passwords were not so strong, they
> were easy enough to remember so that people would not scribble them in
> postit sheets on the screen...
>
> The idea is: creating "words" by combining valid morphemes from
> languages could be an alternative implementation that we could exploit
> in this project. I could even give a try to the idea. What do you think?

Yes i think that that would fit with this lab.

Thanks for your interest.

That is different to my original idea, so i wonder if
it should be a completely separate mode of the tool.

My concept is for a new word to be generated from
an existing relevant word. Perhaps it carries some
of the power of the original word.

Also the origin of the new words can be explained,
e.g. "Voni" is one offset from the word "Time".
e.g. "Wupo" is two offsets from the word "Time".

Also the tool will encipher, and then decipher to the
original seed word,
e.g. 'penihip -d -o 1 Voni' will produce the word "Time".
e.g. 'penihip -d -o 2 Wupo' will produce the word "Time".

-David