Dear Thurlow,

Anyone in lace-land have any other old-fashioned (or new-fashioned) aids to
getting bronchitisi/sinusitis to hurry up and go away?

If you need to sing or perform on stage, then gargling cider vinegar will give you instant voice!! If you love it, as I do, then by all means swallow it. I always carried a bottle of it in the car when I was touring with my Boys' Choir.

One great old remedy for sinuses is to make an inhalation of Frair's Balsam (Tinc. Benz Co.) We can still get this at all our Chemists (Drug Stores). Simply put a large spoonful in a bowl of boiling water, throw a towel over your head and breathe in the fumes.

Then of course, there's always the home made antrum washout!! Revolting but magic. I get a desert bowl of water at body temperature, place a small pinch of salt in it (to make a solution of normal saline), put the bowl on the edge of the sink, stick your nose in it and breathe in hard and forcefully!!! The saline will go up into your sinuses, revolting muck will pour out of any available orifice. Keep going until the bowl is half empty or so. The first sniff is the most painful, after that it gets easier.
Let's know how you go.
David in Ballarat
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]