On Sunday, Aug 31, 2003, at 08:01 US/Eastern, A Thompson wrote:

Any loose photos I held onto card sheets with minuscule bits of blue-tack (don't know USA name for this)

Blue-tack :) Or it was, when I was still "into" miniatures (before lace, which makes it about 13.5 yrs at least).

One thing you might want to consider: I used blue-tack to keep some bits in the "dollhouse" (housed on library shelves) in place. Blue-tack doesn't seem to affect most materials (finished wood, metal, plastic, glass) but the paper backings on the embroidered "paintings" have developed oily stains which were almost as bad as those I got from using softened wax (pre-blue-tack).

You might not want to keep the blue-tack on your photos for any length of time, even in miniscule proportions; it seems to react with paper...

----- Tamara P Duvall mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Lexington, Virginia, USA Formerly of Warsaw, Poland

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]