Our fireworks seem to start at Michaelmas, when we
have a Michaelmas fair, on the Friday there is
a fireworks display, from then on we have had fireworks
every day going off at 3 pm or even 1.30 am.  We were
shown on the news one city where over 20 phone booths have
been blown up by fireworks, the same amount of cars too.
Fireworks are being brought into the country and no one
seems to know where they are going once they arrive.
Even nails are now being inserted into fireworks.

We have our Guy Fawkes display at the local racecourse,
we pay I think 4 pounds each to go and see the display,
there is usually a bonfire with an effigy of Guy Fawkes
being burnt.

There was a discussion on the TV about the new legislation
that will be in place they hope before next bonfire night,
every one who was discussing the new legislation said it
did not go far enough.  I don't know whether this legislation
is for the UK or England.  Here in England all legislation has
to be past at Westminster, whereas Wales and Scotland can
also pass laws for their countries in their parliaments.

Jean in Newbury UK