> I never had a pair of red shoes.  I did have a pair with very high cork
> platforms which had white sandal straps on them.

I had a pair like that!  They had two inch platform with six inch heels, and
I wore them on my first date with my husband, who is a foot taller than I
am.  I wore them until they crumbled, years ago.  I have in my closet right
now a pair of red cfm pumps with stiletto heels.  I only bought them about 3
years ago, but I'd been waiting 30 years to find the right pair that fit me.
When I did, they were mine!

Pam Dotson