Well, I didn't have the young men or the gun, but I had a similar problem
recently!    Just before Christmas, I bought a new car - and like a lot of cars
these days, it has a remote "zapper" in the keyring to lock or unlock the car.
I've really enjoyed playing with my new toy.

We went for a run in the country a couple of weeks ago, and stopped in a
village for lunch.  Returning to the car, I zapped and zapped - and the car
wouldn't unlock.  DH tried his key ... same result.

In desperation, I tried the key in the door lock to see if I could unlock the
car manually - and that's when I found I was trying to get into the wrong car!!

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

"Tamara P. Duvall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > From: A. N.

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping, and upon returning to her car,
found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She  dropped
her
shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at  the top
of her voice, "I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out
of the car!"

 The four men didn't wait for a second invitation. They got out and ran
 like mad.

 The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags
into
 the back of the car and get into the driver's seat. She was so shaken
 that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried,
and
 then it dawned on her why. A few minutes later she found her own car
 parked four or five spaces down. She loaded her bags into her car and
then
 drove to the police station.

 The sergeant to whom she told the story nearly tore himself in two with
 laughter. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale
 men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as
 white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and
carrying
 a large handgun.

 No charges were filed................. Ah, senior moments!