At last I think I understand the reason for Mr. Bush's security obsession !

It's called "the curse of the White House", and it goes like this:-

Beginning with the election of William Harrison in 1840, who died of
pneumonia in 1841, all presidents elected in zero years died in office:
Abraham Lincoln: elected 1860, assassinated 1865;
James Garfield: elected 1880, assassinated 1881;
William McKinley: elected 1900, assassinated 1901;
Warren Harding: elected 1920, died from food poisoning 1923;
Franklin Delano Roosevelt: re-elected 1940, died of a stroke 1945;
John Kennedy: elected 1960, assassinated 1963.

Looking on with renewed interest,
yours sincerely,
Linda Walton,
(in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K.,
where it's just dawned clear and cold,
a severe cold snap and blizzards are forecast for next week,
and we've just found a mysterious leak in the bathroom . . .).