Dear Liz, Ruth, and all other Ozzie Spiders 'down south'

It Does get that hot in Brisbane!! But Not in Darwin!! so what am I doing
here???

Sun night TV said it only went down to 28C and the high was 42C at the
Brisbane airport. 41.9C in my carport in the afternoon. At least 23 deaths
due to the heat. Broke all records for Feb. The power went off in some
areas. Something like 28,000 homes without electricity for several hours.

Then a big storm so it wasn't as hot today in spite of
predictions. 14.5mm in my rain gauge from last night. It is to go down to
23C tonight and only go up to 29C tomorrow.

Jackie