I really should read right down on the Digest, before I jump in an answer
things!!

To Vicky, in Maryland, I am glad your cancer was found at an early stage,
and I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

My mother died 2 years after being diagnosed with breast cancer, and an Aunt
by Marriage also died soon after it was discovered.  Yes I know she was not
a blood relative - but it is still "close to home", so I am very aware of
screening, and self examination.
I am glad, Vicky, you were discovered in time, and I can only echo your
sentiments about having mammograms, and not putting them off.  I had my 2
yearly mammogram in Feb. and got a clean bill of health.
Here in Australia you get on the list at age 50 (or there abouts), and they
send you an invitation to get a free mammogram every 2 years , till you are
75, and then you can still go, but they don't send out reminders.
from Liz in Melbourne, Oz,