Hi!

I just had the greatest conversation with my roommate.  She finally got
curious enough about what I was doing to come and ask, so I told her I
was making lace.  And she said:  "Ah, so that's how you make lace!"
We've all heard this one, I'm sure.  But then she said: "I always
thought you just took a big wool cloth and some machine punched holes in
it...".  I wonder what that would look like <g>.  And I can't figure out
why her first choice for a lace material was wool...

Also, I'm just finishing a Torchon doily (very small) which I sort-of
designed.  I'm very proud of myself, although designing in Torchon is
just about the easiest thing ever...  <g>.  Plus, I forgot to pull all
but one of the starting loops, so the finishing is pretty nasty.

And I'm going to my very first Pasadena lace group meeting on Saturday!

Weronika
(Caltech, Pasadena, California)