On May 31, 2004, at 17:07, Maxine D wrote:

Seems as though taxes are an universal gripe!

<g> When I first got my "nest egg", in '00, I had to use the services of the tax accountant, to help me figure out how much I owed (between the two currencies, two sets of inheritance taxes, two sets of allowances etc, it was a quagmire, far beyond my 2 brain cells). She was apologetic about the amount due but said it was a one time bloodletting; everything afterwards would be only taxed on the income (and, as I'd said before, since then, the value has dropped so much, it doesn't merit taxation).


I floored her, totally, when I said that, IMO, it's better to have the money on which to pay the taxes, than have no taxes and no money. And it's true; I wouldn't mind paying taxes, if I was convinced that the money was flowing both ways; that my tax money was spent wisely. If not to my personal profit, then to the profit of those who might need more help than I do. But I don't think that's happening. My taxes may be low but the "return" I and my fellow citizens get is even lower.

---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd
Lexington, Virginia, USA     (Formerly of Warsaw, Poland)
              Healthy US through The No-CARB Diet:
    no C-heney, no A-shcroft, no R-umsfeld, no B-ush.

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to