Noelene wrote:

<using Jean's ratio of 3.75 litres per gallon>

No, it's 5 litres to the gallon in the UK - that's the figure I was using.
79.9 pence times (x :-)) 5 is nearly four GBP pounds per gallon. But ....

Don't know about other countries, but I didn't realise that the UK pint is
20 fluid ouces, and in the US it's only 16. So asuming there's still 8 pints
to the gallon the US gallon is 20 per cent smaller than the UK gallon. That
makes the price of our petrol about three pounds twenty (5 dollars 88) per
US gallon. So the prices aren't as far apart as I thought.

And I'm just heazring on the news that the price of oil has been rising
through the night, and the average price of petrol in the UK is now 82.2
pence per litre.

We actually buy by the litre - or in my case, when the pump shows I've spent
20 pounds, I stop there!

Jean in Poole

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to