> >>All I can remember is that a cat "always falls on 4 legs", ie lands
> >>safely. In
> >>extensio, that would mean that a cat never dies at all <g>
> >
> >and a piece of buttered bread always lands butter side down.
> >
> >So if you strap a piece of bread, buttered side up, on a cat's back,
> >and drop the cat from a height, then both the cat's feet and the
> >buttered side of the bread will want to land first and hey presto,
> >perpetual motion!

Or maybe they disappear into some alternative universe where you can
have down be in two directions at once... I guess it could happen in our
universe too, if you had two planets colliding or something.  Well then,
if we just attach a tracking device to the cat, we have a new method of
detecting colliding planets and other strange things!

Weronika