Dear fellow-spiders,

I was wondering what Thursday was going to be like. It was my 46th birthday
& I was very pleased to get an email from an Australian high school friend
whom I hadn't had an email from in a while.

Anyway, while we have been in Estonia we just take each day as it comes.
Erik & I went grocery shopping in the morning & we bought a birthday cake.
It seems that we've been spending more time together since we arrived here
than we did in the USA. I hope that he will start looking for a job soon, as the
money we have from the USA house sale will not last forever. It has been
suggested that I tutor students who want to improve their English, but I feel
that if Erik wants us to live here then it's more of his responsibility to take
care of us financially, than it is mine.

I can truthfully say that I have received the biggest present on my birthday
that I'm ever likely to receive. Our shipping container had been promised for
Wednesday but took longer to get cleared by the custom's officials. Then
we got a phone call on Thursday morning saying that it would be delivered
later that afternoon. At 5:00pm everyone was watching as the box was
lifted off the truck & put on the ground. Then the doors were opened & the
unloading of our "stuff" began.

We stopped at 8:30pm to cut my cake & we ate half of it. The cakes &
pastries are very good here. I think they are more interesting in variety &
not too sweet.  Well, at about 1:30am the box was being put back on the
truck & sent on its way to be filled up again. Now we face the daunting
task of finding a place for everything. The unpackers arrived this morning
& Erik had them move all the larger pieces of furniture, but our living room
is so full of boxes that it is impossible to watch the TV..

BTW I attended Lia Looga's "Bobbin Lace Jewellery" Exhibition on Wednesday.
She was very pleased  to see me, & the display of her jewellery, handkerchiefs
& clothing embellishments that she has made over the last 5 years was quite
impressive. My MIL came with me & she greatly admired the beautiful items.
As a birthday gift my MIL gave me 2 small knitted lace doilies that she had
found in a handicraft shop in Tallinn. I might hang one in a window.

I'm off to bed now, as tomorrow we have a busy day ahead of us.
Pene Piip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Happy in Tartu, Estonia now that our "stuff" has finally arrived.