Hi Jane,

I'm supposed to be asleep in preparation for an early morning departure for
Ithaca, but couldn't resist your question!  I visited Ipswich a few years ago
with particular interest in seeing the examples of old Ipswich lace.  I am
pretty certain the small display which exists was in the John Whipple House.  You
can surf to get particulars, but I found one reference that said it was "open
Wednesday-Sunday, May-October--call for times (978) 356-2811."  We barely got
there in time for the last tour of the day, but the rush was more than worth
the visit, not only for the lace, but for the many other interesting items in
the house, and the interesting fellow who conducts the tour.  He regaled us
with the origins of many expressions I've always known but never knew where they
came from.  Marta Cotterell's book on Ipswich lace may provide more info on
any other displays.

Vicki in Maryland where we are enjoying the chill of autumn's arrival