Dear Yvonne and other interested friends,

David I was wondering if you have a good trifle recipe. You always seem to
have great recipes which I hoard in my files but I haven't seen one for
trifle yet.

Hmmmmmm. Yes, but I had to change Mum's somewhat 'cos she was strict Methodist and never touched a drop :) Now let me see if I can recall how it went - haven't made one in a few years.


In a huge casserole dish put chunks of a stale plain cake or sponge (not stale enough to be mouldy :). Saturate it (although not enough to make it loose shape) with brandy, red wine - you know the usual stuff.
Now add lots of fresh fruit - particularly strawberries, red seedless grapes, blue berries, black currants (whatever you like really).
Pour a fairly think custard over the lot. Let it cool and then top with a dark red flavoured jelly and put it in the fridge.
Of course you serve it with huge dollops of fresh whipped cream.
I find it much easier to make it this way rather than in individual glasses (sometimes called parfait glasses) - far too fiddly
That'll do.
Love
David in Ballarat



Thanks, Yvonne.

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to