At 11:19 AM 11/18/04 +1100, Elizabeth Ligeti wrote:

>I found that most of the foods in the United States were SO sweet - loaded
>with sugar, - even Allbran, plain cornflakes, - and bread. - Try having a
>vegemite sandwich on sweet bread!!!!!!!! Yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I grew up on it, and all that sugar in stuff that isn't supposed to be sweet
turns my stomach.  I had a long acrimony recently with a fellow who just
couldn't believe I didn't like sugary chili!  (Sugar is particularly nasty
when combined with tomato.)

Even toothpaste is sweetened, and I can't rinse the taste out of my mouth.

I do a lot of my shopping at the health-food store.

--
Joy Beeson
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/