Maybe "in adverspeak, "crafts" is the art of sticking things together with a glue gun.", but I'm enrolled in a degree program titled "Contemporary Crafts Marketing" and it includes glass blowing, ceramics, and jewelry, including my wire lace jewelry made with fine and sterling silver and the art jewelry of fellow Arachnean Pat Frese, who also teaches in the program. No glue guns. Like bobbins, a glue gun is a tool and cannot be used to define crafts.

For more information, check out http://www.craftcouncil.org/, the web page of the American Craft Council.

Cherry Knobloch
Camp Hill, Pa