On Nov 27, 2004, at 14:28, Weronika Patena wrote:

All these lists really make me wonder how many people weren't actually supposed
to be in the Twin Towers at the time but were there and died because of similar
little things...

And I wonder if it's a Polish trait to be a bit pessimistic, and a bit too pragmatic to permit oneself to "feel good" easily, in case we're bamboozled... :) Because, *my* immediate reaction was somewhat similiar to yours: I remembered that, for every person who missed the plane which crashed later on, there was someone who took that seat...

---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd