At 05:33 PM 12/23/04 +1100, W & N Lafferty wrote:

>All black office workers in Sydney?   Makes sense in the climate?
>Sorry Joy, doesn't make sense to me.

Wearing a black shirt and black pants instead of a suit and tie makes a
*lot* of sense.  And black for "I came here to supervise" makes sense
precisely because wearing black in such a warm climate *doesn't* make sense,
so people who didn't come to sit in an air-conditioned office *won't* wear
black.

> If you were talking about the staff in the fancy hotels, black
> may have been their uniform.

I meant the people I saw in the streets with briefcases in their hands.

I don't recall what sort of uniform the hotel staff wore; it wasn't unusual.

--
Joy