Helen wrote:
>Heard from Mum and Dad who are at Mallacoota, (far eastern Victoria, on
the coast), and they said it was pretty cold there today (28th Oz time),
and they weren't going out fishing.  Next thing, Noelene'll be reporting
that it's snowing :-)

Maybe not snowing, Helen, but hail and pouring, cold, rain! DH was watching the
cricket (in Melbourne)and roared with frustration as the weatherproof canvas
went on
again and the game was finally suspended on Monday, we could see the hail on
TV! And
Tuesday wasn't much better. We've had to put a second blanket back on the bed
after
having had to sleep in the nude a few days ago because it was too hot to have
anything on!
We did have a nice picnic with the boys and the grandson on Boxing Day, though,
and
my potato and egg salad went down a treat.
Our Christmas is always very quiet, as we never have DH's children (their mother
said once "children need to be with their family at Christmas", which was her
reason
for having them at her place every year!!!I would have liked to strangle her but
refrained), and since they're adults, one out of three doesn't speak to at
least one
of the other two, so we can never invite the 3 of them together, and DH said
we'll
see them at other times, not at Christmas, since they can't behave as a
family...Life can be complicated! I've been having Christmas lunch at a French
friend's place since I've been in Melbourne, so I still do that, and DH comes
along....That means I don't have to cook, which suits me.
Anyway, Chrsitmas never feels like Christmas here. I was used to midnight mass
in
the snow, and a skiing holiday, so I never get the right feeling in the heat.
We do celebrate New Year, though, and I wish you all a very good and lacy one.

Yours in lace, Helene, the froggy from Melbourne.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com