Hi All,  After a blessedly brief (two day) hiatus I'm back.  I don't know
what happened.  No chat and no lace for two days : (  Avital sent me digests
of what I missed and today I seem to be getting arachne mail!  But Bev and
Anne Toney in Texas also had trouble.  I missed you all terribly but I did
get some lace made <G>.

I also have been working on a Kumihimo (Japanese) braid with the new gadget
I got on the trip to Northampton, Massacusetts with Sumac.  Before her
fabulous "shopping" trip in the record store (sorry, CD store) we went to a
great yarn store.  I got some wonderful yarn and we also both got Kumihimo
circles with notches in them.  I made the practice piece - 16 threads, 4
colors winding around the cord and then started a new one.  Unfortunately I
chose DMC #80 tatting cotton.  It was the best color choice right to hand.
It's making a beautiful cord but a bit thin.  I'll go searching later, I
know I have lots of silk buttonhole twist and I think that would be
beautiful!!  And I seem to remember I have some spools of Pearl cotton that
I was given a long time ago.  I have lots of white and ecru Pearl Cotton for
B'berg but I want color!!  Sumac taught our Fiberarts Group Kumihimo a few
years ago at Christmas time.  She brought us all squares of matboard with
notches.  That works wonderfully but I think I put it away safely and I'm
not sure where it is : (

Her prize winning run through the store was great fun.  It was fun to see
how the radio guys worked too.  We (including the other customers) had to
keep yelling every time they did a promo to stir up interest.  They did that
a few times and it gave Sumac a chance to look over the inventory again.
She did wonderfully and crammed the canvas bag she was given full!!  What
fun <G>.

Jane in Vermont, USA where it's below freezing again.