Jean said
My concern is that The Duke of Windsor couldn't keep the crown and marry a
divorcee (Charles can), Margaret wasn't allowed to marry a divorcee even
though there was very little likelihood of every becoming monarch (Anne
could). Who changed the rules for the monarchy and when?

I don't think it's a question of rules/laws governing the monarchy it's the way
society sees things at the time, Eighty years ago when the Duke of Windsor
abdicated society was very different - divorce was a big nono for everyone,
nowadays 3 of the Queens children are divorced and one has remarried without
any great fuss. Personally I think they should be left to get on with it - put
all those talking heads on all the news channels out of a job for a start.

jenny barron

Scotland