Helen,
Noelene - I remember that!  It was made into a film with Bruce Spence as
the groom.  Don't remember who else was in it, but it was one of the
Australian movies from around the mid to late 70's I think (maybe 1980,
but no later).

I once suffered the misfortune of being the Director of "Dimboola". That was in 1984. It really is a hideous show. One of our performances was held in the golf club at Clunes and the audience got so carried away (and pissed) that one of them got up and knocked out the bloke playing the priest. The rest of the cast had to hurriedly improvise an alternative ending. In the meantime, I was also the band master and the bloke then came for me. Fortunately I was wearing a Construction Worker's helmet and simply put my head down as he struck. Think he broke a finger or two. Not the most tasteful of memories :)
David in Ballarat

Cheers,
Helen, Aussie in springy and breezy Denver

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]