Well technically speaking, it's the lace list having a birthday today, but I'm going to be good and keep to topic!.
We're 10 years old today - can you believe it?!
-Liz
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y to all of us. !!
It's hard to believe I've been part of it for nine of those years. We now have four times the members that we had when I joined.
It's impossible to list all the lacing information that I've gained through this group. I still have memories of the Arachne 98 conference in Nottingham. It was really special to me -- probably a chance in a lifetime.
I tell my husband that my membership in Arachne is all his fault, so he's responsible for all the things I've done with it. When we got on the internet, he demanded that I sit down and type something into the Search. I typed Bobbin Lace........and you can guess the rest of the story.
Not only did it lead me to Nottingham, but also to the Lace Museum workshops twice, a Regional meeting in North Carolina, many exchanges of lace and bobbins around the world, and a great many new friends. Many, many people answered my questions, so I try to give back some of that good will by helping newbies.
Long Live the Lace List !!!! Let's all give it a toast!
Happy lacing,
Alice in Oregon
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
